Welcome to California California Home    Governor Home    Amber AlertSkip Navigation
Welcome to California - images of Golden Gate Bridge, ocean sunset, waterfall, flowers, and city skyline
DWR Home
Water Plan Home
* Products:
Update 2013
Update 2009
Previous Reports
Calendar and Materials
Steering Committee
Public Advisory Cmte
Topic-Based Caucuses
Tribal Advisory Cmte
Federal Agency Network
Regional Outreach
Tribal Engagement
Volunteer and Travel
Contact Us
* Subjects:
Alphabetical Index
Image depicting Winter
Department of Water Resources Logo
       DWR      My CA
 California Water Plan
 Home > Public Advisory Committee > Volunteer and Travel page

Welcome members of the California Water Plan Update Public Advisory and Tribal Advisory Committees to the Volunteer and Travel page. The following information lists forms that are required and need to be completed in order to claim travel costs for your Water Plan trips. If you have any questions or need assistance in completing the forms, please contact Chas Grant at (916) 653-7101 or chas.grant@water.ca.gov.

Mail or submit completed forms to:
Chas Grant
Strategic Water Planning Branch
P.O. Box 942836
Sacramento, CA 94236-0001

If your agency is reimbursing you or you wish to not claim reimbursement, read no further. The following forms are ONLY if you want to be reimbursed for your travel expenses.

A Volunteer Service Agreement (.pdf, 0.3 mb) -- This form generates your personnel number and enters you into the system. If you completed this form before, please use your assigned personnel number.

blue ball bullet An Oath of Allegiance (.pdf, 0.1 mb) -- This form accompanies your Volunteer Service Agreement.

Employee Information (.doc, 0.1 mb) -- This form collects important information such as your emergency and medical contact information.

An Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business (.xls, 0.1 mb) -- To be completed if you intend to use your car. Please complete this form every January or when you use a new car (whichever comes first).

blue ball bullet A DMV Pull Notice Program (.pdf, 0.1 mb) -- This form allows DMV to disclose your driving record to Dept. of Water Resources.

blue ball bullet The Department of General Services' Defensive Drivers Training Course is necessary if volunteers plan on using personal vehicles or rental cars while traveling on State business. Send the Certificate of Completion to Chas Grant at: chas.grant@water.ca.gov. Classes are offered online and can be accessed here: https://www.training.dgs.ca.gov/course.asp?courseID=91.

A Statement of Travel Expenses (.doc, 0.1 mb) -- To be filled out when you complete your trip. Please save your receipts (hotel, car, airfare, etc). Original receipts are required to process your claims. Indicate the times you start and end your trip to claim proper credit. The Travel and Per Diem Expenses sheet will assist you to compute reimbursement and provides the allowable reimbursement rates for hotels, meals and incidentals. Mail or submit the completed Statement of Travel Expenses and original receipts (it is suggested you keep a copy of the Statement and receipts for your records) to Chas Grant, Strategic Water Planning Branch, P.O. Box 942836, Sacramento, CA 94236-0001. A check for reimbursement of allowable expenses will be mailed to you in a few weeks upon submittal.

Please note that all volunteers must book their travel trough our Travel and Logistics Coordinator contact Chas Grant.

If you have any questions or need assistance you can contact Chas Grant at (916) 653-7101 or chas.grant@water.ca.gov.

Thank you.


Back to Top of Page

Conditions of Use  |  Privacy Policy  |  Comments or Suggestions
© 2016 State of California.